Friday, May 04, 2018

Cutting and Sewing

I have finally plunged into the buckets of novelty fabrics. 
Seven piles. Seven grandchildren. 
I cut up as much in 10 inch squares. Then I cut more in 10 inch widths, to be stitched to other ones, to make up the 10 inch square. There will be many 'patchwork' squares for the girls to choose from. 
Stephanie will have to pick for #7, since she is still carrying him. 
The sun Steph painted on her wall, sure does brighten up the cutting table!
I also stitched together a quilt back.  The center is all large scale prints, which I didn't want to cut down to 10". 
[tho they would make fabulous stack n whack blocks] 
The quilt front is the Tropical-Ocean  circle top I started about 5 years ago????
I finished this wallie, Animal House, and since it's going to a granddaughter, I decided to add some shiny stuff. I had saved a bunch of jewelry cast offs of the girls [daughters, this time]  So the raccoons got 'headlight' eyes, sock monkeys got buttons, one dog has his tail pierced...
Imagine the Robin posing on this rock....
Yeah..that.

And the cutting...??  Not nearly done, I can't see the bottom of the bucket yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment